Leading Class Discussion
- Students will work individually
- Students will lead class once during the semester
- We will sign up for classes during the first or second week of class
Once during the semester you will be responsible for leading our class discussion. This means a few things:
- You should read all the readings—including the optional readings—for your week carefully and well in advance.
- You may also tweak our readings for your week by adding one additional article and possibly moving one required reading into the optional category. You should speak with me well in advance about either, as I might see something essential in a piece that is not obvious to you. Any decision to change the reading schedule should be made at least one week prior to your assigned session, so that your colleagues have time to adjust their preparations.
- You should come to your assigned class ready with a few questions or points you would like to discuss. I do not expect you to steer us for the entire discussion period, but certainly for the first 20 minutes or so.